Hi my name is Crystal,
I had this surgery done after my son was born in 2009. First I was never told of any side effects and was also told the coils were made of silicon. The side effects I have are horrible. I am 34 years old and feel like I am going through menopause since I was 29 And had this done. I have hot flashes and night sweats, crippling headaches, severe lower abdominal pain, pain during and after sex, crazy out of whack cycles where the amount of bleeding is uncontrollable, I stay nauseated all the time. Is there ever going to be anything done about this? I don’t have insurance and was on Medicaid when I had this surgery done and can’t afford to have them taken out myself with no insurance and raising 3 children.
- Crystal’s Story I had my procedure done six weeks after I had my baby boy on April 19th 2013. I have never in my life regretted something so much! I am 30 years old and I am feeling like I have the flu […]
- Vicki’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about five years ago. One of the coils was inserted a little too far so the doctor couldn't guarantee that it would work. I went back 3 months later and […]
- Jeannie’s Story I got the Essure done in October of 2013 since than it has not been checked on I have pains in my pelvic area it feels like I'm in labor again when my cycle starts. When I'm not on my […]
- Rose’s Story I had the coils put in about 2011, I had a regular period for a few months then it just stopped coming. I am 47 & thought it might be early menopause, I have had some hot flashes as […]
- Ashley’s Story I had the Essure placed in my body in 2010 after my fourth child. I have had complications since then. Since having the Essure coils placed in my body, my periods are seriously heavy, that […]
- Tessa’s Story My name is Tessa Moore I am a mother of 3 ,after my 3rd child I decided to get some birth control. I chose essure because the doctor told me it was a simple procedure.He never discussed […]