Just wanted to send a quick update! My insurance fought and fought for me to NOT have a hysterectomy; however, my doctor finally won out! On October 1, 2014, I had a full hysterectomy to remove my coils. I woke up from surgery and, literally, minutes after waking up I told my doctor–the pain is gone!! I cried happy tears!! Since the surgery, my joints no longer hurt, I have more energy, and most important, my pelvic pain is completely gone!! Essure is without a doubt, one of the worst decisions I ever made! Do your research before agreeing to this form of birth control! Thank you, Erin Brockovich, for fighting for us and for fighting to get this product off the market!!
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure on June 3, 2014. My doctor does the procedure at the hospital and puts the patients under anesthesia. So I was knocked out through the whole procedure. I am very […]
- Valerie’s Story I have PCOS. And last year I started having major uterine bleeding. My GYN suggested an ablation, I was fine with that, but then he suggested Essure as the form of birth control to use […]
- Dawn’s Story My husband and I decided we were done having children after my youngest daughter was born in 2011. We wanted a permanent birth control method that didn't require surgery and a lot of down […]
- Maria’s Story In 2006 I gave birth to our 3rd child and months later my husband and I decided 3 was a good number for us. I spoke to my doctor about birth control options and she mentioned Essure, […]
- Crystal’s Story I had Essure placed in October 2009. I wasn't as concerned about birth control, but I wanted to have an endometrial ablation and my physician wanted me to have permanent birth control […]
- Lora’s Story I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS!!! In 2014 I had my IUD removed and was looking for a different type of birth control. My doctor recommended Essure. She said it was a simple and painless […]