I tried talking to my doctor about having a tubal ligation done before I gave birth to my last child in April 2008. I was 32 years old and each pregnancy was harder than the last. He would just say ‘We will talk about it at your 6 week check-up. Finally at the 6 week check up, he brought up the essure procedure. I was told I could have it done right away, no surgery, no hospital, etc. I would have to wait awhile if I wanted to have the tubal and would have to go to the hospital for surgery. I choose the essure. He gave me a pill (I believe it was Valium) to take before the procedure was done. I have had migraines, excessive bleeding, surgery (oblation and hysterectomy), weight gain, pain and major depression since having the essure. Jan 20, 2016 I had the hysterectomy due to having 2 tumors (1 over 900 grams) growing in my uterus which wasn’t there before the essure. This company and the doctors should be ashamed of taking advantage of women to make money.
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Dawn’s Story I had the procedure done after the birth of my 3 child in 2006. The procedure was extremely painful. I had severe cramps for a year nonstop. I went to my Dr a few times and he kept wanting […]
- Dawn’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April of 2007, about six months after the birth of my youngest. I had a difficult pregnancy and delivery so I was advised by my OB/GYN to consider […]
- Shelby’s Story I was talked into Essure in March of 2011. My OB/GYN told me being a diabetic this would be a better procedure for me over having surgery and having to be intubated with surgical healing […]
- Kylie’s Story At almost 31 years old, I am now pregnant with my 5th child. Even though I had the Essure procedure done last year to prevent any further pregnancies. I am only 10 weeks, and in constant […]
- Brittney’s Story I had my essure put in about 6 years ago. I have been having pain since about 6 months after i had it put in. I really dont want to have sex because it hurts so bad, i have had multiple […]