I had the Essure implants put in in 2005, after the birth of my second child. We were done having children and after failed attempts with IUD’s, my doctor told me about this procedure, and we all greed this would be a better option than getting a hysterectomy. I didn’t notice any specific issues the first few years, but the last 5 years have been very difficult during my menstrual cycles. I have been attributing these changes to my age and the possibility of starting to show early symptoms of menopause, but the severe pains/aches and major discomfort have a reached a point where it has been disrupting my and my family’s life. Last week I saw a specialist/obgyn and was told that I will now need a hysterectomy because I have fluid collected in my uterus/fallopian tubes and this procedure will fix everything. I’m worried about having such a major procedure and would love to know if there are alternatives out there to remove these coils.
- Susan’s Story After having 3 wonderful children, my husband and I decided our family was complete. We spoke with my O.B. about different options. He suggested Essure. I was told […]
- Brittany’s Story I got the Essure in August of 2012. I have not had a menstrual cycle since then. I get terrible headaches and migraines and I have recently started having symptoms like I am pregnant. […]
- Errin’s Story I received the implants in 2009. I have experienced pelvic pain/discomfort since having the procedure completed and right away discussed it with my doctor. She assured me that I […]
- Kimyatta’s Story I am 33 years old with three children. I had Essure implanted in 2009 a year after having my third child. Immediately I began to have really bad cramping and bleeding. I brought it to my […]
- Jennifer’s Story In May 2009 I decided to make major life altering difference in my life by deciding to have Gastric Bypass surgery. After the surgery I had many complications. One of them being […]
- Tara’s Story I had essure done after my 3rd child towards the end of 2009. I had then been having off and on stomach issues but nothing too serious. It wasn't until 2011 is when the pain and stomach […]