My name is Deanna, I am 26 yrs old and i am a mother of two. I have had essure for 3 years now. In the past 3 years i have had infrequent periods, depression and weight gain. Prior to essure i weighed around 135-140lbs now i weigh any where from 165-170. Despite many attempts at the gym and diet changes i am unable to loose the weight. Depression has been another issue.. I have been on and off of different anti depressants and i have really struggled with it. I have little to no energy i struggle to get out of bed daily and i am unable to enjoy activities that i once loved. I have a nickel allergy that my doctor said it the coils had a small amount of nickel in them and that i would not be affected.. I recently spoke with another doctor about my concerns and was told that these symptoms are not from essure. I am young and i worry about having a hysterectomy if needed to get these things out but my health is declining and i miss feeling like my self.
- Rebecca’s Story I had my Essure coils placed in February of 2013 and thereafter felt like I was not recovering from the procedure as I was told I would. Initially I thought (hoped, rather) that my body […]
- Alicia’s Story In 2011, I gave birth to my son. I soon discovered that being a working mother was harder than I had ever imagined. Although I loved my child, the reality of the matter was that I was […]
- Laura’s Story I received the essure in the early summer of 2012. Within 6 months I have gained 10 pounds and my stomach is bloated to looking like I'm 5 months pregnant. I wasn't sure what it was […]
- Kayla’s Story I have had the essure coils almost three years now. I was told there were side effects but it was pretty much allergic reactions to the nickel and since I didn't have an allergy I should […]
- Devi’s Story HI , At the age of 27 , year 2005 I had this procedure done through my gynocologist. After my second childs birth, we decided not to have any more children. The doctor suggested essure and […]
- Irene’s Story On the advice of my obgyn I had essure implanted in October 2006 as my birth control method. I seemed fine for a couple years. But in 2008 I began to get tired and gain weight. I could […]