My name is DeAnn & I was the first of 2 in the state of Indiana to have the essure procedure to replace birth control pills ….it was new on the market and recommend at age 30-40. Within a matter of months I had severe bleeding and excruciating pain all the while continuing to work as a realtor, showing homes & constantly excusing myself to get to a bathroom.
I am not sure if exact time frame until my gynecologist said I had a small fibroid tumor (that was causing my pain & severe bleeding)that she would remove laparoscopicly through my navel which turned into a FOUR HOUR MAJOR EMERGENCY SURGERY! My ovaries had ruptured to 7+cm and GREW AND ATTACHED TO MY BOWELS AND BLADDER–so the cutting around vital organs was necessary and total hystorectomy. I then developed hypothyroidism (no family history).
I woke up in full blown medically induced menopause. I have often thought it all of this was caused from ESSURE . I’m just now hearing all of your stories & hope mine can help in some way, somehow.
- Patricia’s Story I am a 33 year old women w/ 3 healthy kids who decided I was happy with my family 9 years ago (2006) and decided I was done having kids. I went to my Obgyn who I had trusted w the life of […]
- Shannon’s Story I was implanted in July of 2005, just weeks shy of my 25th birthday. I am the proud mother of two children that were 5 & 3 at the time. My ob/gyn that I trusted and delivered both of […]
- Errin’s Story I received the implants in 2009. I have experienced pelvic pain/discomfort since having the procedure completed and right away discussed it with my doctor. She assured me that I […]
- Jannette’s Story Hello. I am a married mother of eight. I was considered a high risked pregnancy due to the loss of my daughter at 18 1/2 weeks & one prior. I had used all forms of birth control […]
- Renee’s Story I had ensure placed on July 5, 2013. They had some complications getting one coil in on one side so it took way longer than expected. I went home with minor pain as to be expected, but as […]
- Raquela’s Story To all the women out there, young & old please be aware the tragic pain the Essure Birth Control causes! I had the Essure implant done last year when I was barely 24yrs old. I was told […]