I had been taken birth control pills for 3 years after my last pregnancy. I have three children. My husband and i decided to not have any more.
I went to my Ob/Gyn and he told me about the Essure birth control procedure . It seemed like a good ,safe ,easy procedure so we said yes.
I did everything like the doctor instructed but soon after I started to have right pelvic pain and discharge. Sex was becoming painful and not enjoyable. I would spot in between periods.
I returned to the doctor but he said everything was fine. After several visits and a change of doctors I had to have surgery.
A hysterectomy was preformed finding that the Essure coils were starting to protrude both tubes and my ovary (right) was twisted and upside down.
I was so happy the pain was over and the embarrassing smell and discharge stopped
I would NEVER recommend this procedure to anyone.
- Kathy’s Story I had no clue until I saw this website that my issues could possibly have been created by the Essure procedure. I had the procedure done in Feb 2008; I had gastric bypass surgery in 2007 […]
- Trina’s Story A year and a half ago I asked my Doctor to have a tubal ligation as I am in my mid-thirties and my husband and I do not want any more children. My Doctor talked me into the Essure […]
- Karissa’s Story I had the Essure placed on Feb 2009. I was told by my doctor that they do not tie tubes anymore that they have a new form of birth control called the Essure. So after my daughter was born […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009 after the birth of my second child. I had this particular procedure because I was told that there was less complications, it didn't require such a […]
- Jessica’s Story I hesitate sharing this because it is so personal but if my experience can save another female from going through what I am than I will be so happy that I shared this. April of 2013 we […]
- Patricia’s Story I had the essure procedure done in Nov of 2014. After having 3 children and my last 2 pregnancies had many complications, I decided I wanted a permanent solution to birth control. My […]