I’m sure there have been far worse stories reported regarig the Essure Form of Birth Control, however I thought what I went through may have been normal.
I had my last child late in life, 44 to be exact and though the pregnancy went well and my daughter is a wonderful gift I felt that I may just be getting too old to have any more children.
My doctor recommended Essure, he explained the procedure, the insurance company was on board to pay so I had the procedure done.
After the procedure I bled and bled and bled assuming the doctor said it would subside not to worry. Well it didn’t. I finally had to go in and have an Endometrial Ablation performed to stop bleeding.
I have heard far worse stories and my heart goes out to those women. I surely hope I will have no further side affects from the procedure and at this time so far so good.
- Brenda’s Story Well I thought Essure was a great way to keep from having a painful surgery. I have a cardiac pacemaker that I have had since 1999. In 2006 my husband and I were blessed with our first son […]
- Anji’s Story My name is Anji. Like many, I live a very hectic life. I own two companies, married, on two Boards and raising a 15 month old grandson. I decided I wanted to get off birth control pills. I […]
- Brooke’s Story I had wanted a permanent form of birth control for a long time – I've never had any children. After taking birth control pills for over 15 years, I thought I had reached an age that […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda I'm 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now […]
- Delinda’s Story I had essure implanted in 2007 after my third child i was told it permantely prevented pregnancy without any symtoms. Ever since my periods have been so heavy and painful i cant carry a […]
- Clara’s Story I got my Essure placed in 2011 shortly after having my second child because I had complications with both pregnancy and thought it would be best to have a permanent form of birth control. […]