I had the Essure coils put in last October. Felt like something was wrong from the moment they tried to put the right side in. The pain was excruciating. I was later told I had an ovarian cyst and figured that was the cause of the pain. It kept getting worse. Pain in my pelvic area and into my hips and down my leg. And started on my left side too. For several months I had a ‘normal period’ but with incredible cramping and ovarian pain. Again I just figured I was having common ovarian cysts, and chalked it up to something I had to deal with. Around the same time I started getting bad head aches and pain in my hips down the front of my legs. I also have deficits from a previous brain surgery. So many of my symptoms are ignored and explained away by that. But the last several months my periods started coming sooner and sooner. The last few months I’ve had it every two weeks. And I between I have very cloudy urine often with tissue and brown discharge. Whatever is happening it is not normal. And I believe the Essure is to blame.
- Sascha’s Story I thought getting the essure was the best birth control for me. I had three children and knew I was not wanting any more it was a newer form out I thought I would give it a go. Sad thing […]
- Maranda’s Story I decided in 2007 to get the Essure procedure done after my second child. My normal ob/gyn did the procedure and assured me it was perfectly fine.Once the surgery was done and I came to my […]
- Brandie’s Story I recently visited the ER with pelvic pain. They did ultrasounds and ct scans, another ultrasound ordered by my PCP. Today I found out that along with the fibroid tumor […]
- Lisa Marie’s Story My doctor talked the Essure procedure up, no surgery, incisions, no down time, and very little cramping/pain during recovery. She never mentioned what the coils were made of or even care […]
- Sandra’s Story About 4 years ago I had the Essure procedure done. When I first went to have the procedure I was told that they were only able to get the left one in because my right fallopian tube […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had Essure placed in September 2011. I was never told about the risk of nickel sensitivity and it was sold as a convenient, pain free device, with minimal down time. The only negative […]