I had the Essure procedure done in April 2010. I chose this after my Doctor told me what a simple procedure it was. The no down time was perfect with 4 kids at home. Everything seemed great until a year and a half later.
The week before my period it felt like someone was scraping my insides and I was down for most of the week. My periods became heavier and I had a sharp pain in my right side. I started feeling a tingling numbness in my face which has now spread to the rest of my body. I also have migraines that feel like I am being stabbed through my right eye.
I was in the hospital for 5 days and had so many different tests done, but no answers. I had a MRI done and that showed nothing. Now I have chronic pain in my legs and the bottom of my feet, and at least once a month I feel as if I have the body flu. I have bad mood swings and PMS is off the wall. I thought I was going crazy until I read that so many women had similar problems. I am hoping something is done to take this off the market. As soon as our new insurance starts I am having my Doctor remove these before more damage is done. It feels good to be able to get my story out thank you.
- Cliana’s Story I has the Essure procedure in October 2010. My OB/Gyn talked me into having the procedure done because he said it not as invasive for me as it would be for my husband to have a vasectomy. […]
- Melissa’s Story I was so shocked and relieved at the same time when I ran across a FB post regarding Essurre and other women having similar problems as mine. I had come to live with the fact that these […]
- Nicole’s Story I am 36 years old and have had the Essure for almost 8 years. Since then I have had multiple symptoms I had never experienced before and I keep just telling myself it is changes with age. […]
- Cheryl’s Story I decided to get essure after learning about it from my cousin who raved about how great it was. I loved the fact it had such a short recovery time frame, and with 3 kids, that's what I […]
- Beth’s Story I had the procedure done in September of 2012 and had the coils removed in January 2013. In case this may help anyone, here's my horror story with these coils. I chose to go the Essure […]
- Beth’s Story So when my son was 6 months old and i had period normal. I got the essures put in a 2011 a couple weeks to a couple months later I was having chronic pain in my legs my back my pelvic area […]