I had the Esure procedure done in 2010 and I wish I could go back to that day and tell my Obgyn to just put me on the IUD.
At the time, I was 32 with one child. I was a single parent and was ok with only having one child. I went to my Dr and he raved about the Esure coils, stating that recovery time would be quicker then any other permermant birth control method. Being a single parent, that was my #1 concern. I have to work. Had the procedure done on a Friday….went back to work on a Tuesday. For the first 2 years….it was woman bliss! No cramping. No periods. I loved it.
Today, 4 years to the exact date, I just left my Dr’s office scheduling my surgery for a hysterectomy. I have never in my life experienced so much cramping and pain. I was hospitalized for 2 days with severe pain….and now we know a almost deadly reaction to the nickel in the coils, for I am allergic to nickel.
Sometimes, what seems like a quick and easy way to handle a situation is the worst. I wouldnt wish this type of experience to my worst enemy.
- Moreen’s Story After giving birth to my only child in my mid-thirties, I had the IUD Mirena inserted into my body. That device mysteriously dislodged and I had to have my OB/GYN remove it. It was only […]
- Alicia’s Story In 2011, I gave birth to my son. I soon discovered that being a working mother was harder than I had ever imagined. Although I loved my child, the reality of the matter was that I was […]
- Tiffany’s Story My name is Tiffany, I am 43 and 2 years ago when I decided to have the Essure procedure done it was because my children were grown and I surely didnt want any babies at this point in my […]
- Tammy’s Story I am a single parent of both a 13yr old and now a 1and a half yr old. I was 39 when I had my last baba single and unable to locate baby's daddy. I thought I was making the right choice in […]
- Samantha’s Story hello my name is samantha feltner, i am 22 years old and i have four children. i got the essure implantation in 2012. when i went in to get the procedure done, my doctor never really […]
- Kristyna’s Story My name is Kristyna, I was 23 when I had the essure procedure done. I have three wonderful children and after talking to my doctor he suggested I have the essure procedure done. Since I […]