I’m 33 years old and a mother of 4. I had my only son back in 2010 and with that delivery I had an emergency C-Section. I was supposed to have my tubes tied but since I had an emergency C-Section my Ob doctor recommended Essure and told me he didn’t want to open me up again since I just had surgery and there might be complications if I decided to go under surgery again. I did my research before having this done and the side effects did not seem bad and it was more effective. I had this done January 2011 and since then I’ve experienced many changes in my body. I thought it was due to having a boy and he changed my body or maybe my age. I’ve had anxiety attacks, fatigue, weight gain, nausea, hot flashes, muscle and joint pain, headaches, bad cramping, and hair loss. Had I known this was all going to happen I would’ve chose another form of birth control. I was checked by my Ob to make sure it was in place because of the discomfort but all that was done was asking questions to determine if everything was ok and those were normal side effects. I wish I could have this removed. This is worse than the Mirena birth control. Hopefully something can be done to stop this birth control so it won’t harm other women.
- Desiree’s Story I had essure implanted in May of 2013. At first everything seemed ok, I had went for my hsg and was confirmed blocked. Of the course of about month both my face and my forearms broke out […]
- Hope’s Story I had Essure done in 2008 and since that time have had numerous problems and thee trips to the emergency room. I had severe headaches, extreme nausea, stomach pains, fatigue, leg pain, […]
- Vicki’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about five years ago. One of the coils was inserted a little too far so the doctor couldn't guarantee that it would work. I went back 3 months later and […]
- Rhonda’s Story I had this procedure done only right days ago…. In the last week since the procedure I have experienced excruciating abdominal cramps, hot flashes, very heavy bleeding, headaches and […]
- Terri’s Story Had my essure placed in March 2010! Some of the problems I'm experiencing! weight gain, severe bloating and my stomach is always swollen, at times looks like I am about four months […]
- Phyllis’s Story I had my Essure implanted in August of 2008. I had cramping for weeks after the implant and was told that was normal and give it more time. So I did. It seemed to get better. But in the […]