I am a wife and a mother of two. After my second child I was looking for permanent birth control my doctor at that time suggested essure he explained that there was know down time from this procedure and was much easier then going through a tubal. I did at the time try to do some research on my own but, it was a new procedure at the time(2006) so not much info out about it. I decided to go ahead. Soon after I haemorrhaged and as a result of that I had a ablation . The essure was the worst decision of my life! My body has never been the same. I have headaches, joint pain,pelvic pain,lower back pain, hip pain, dizziness and the list goes on! I am so happy you started this page so other women will be able to make a informed decision . I am now facing a possible hysterectomy to get these removed.
- Louise’s Story My name is Louise and I am a mother of almost 5 year old twin girls in Cornwall in the UK. I had essure last year because my husband and I are happy with the family we have, and like many […]
- Shawna’s Story I had the Essure procedure done three years ago. I remember being so happy about this seemingly easy and relatively non-invasive form of permanent birth control. When I did my internet […]
- Cintina’s Story I had Essure placed September 9, 2013 at first everything was great i was happy with my decision then little things started happening, back pain, migraine's, tiredness, lack of energy.. […]
- Michelle’s Story I am a mother of four. I been very active since high school. I used to workout six days a week and never had any type of medical problems. I also always did routine check ups with my […]
- Jessica’s Story I was a mother of 3 by the age of 23 and I was dealing with postpartum depression. I went to my obstetrician to talk about what I was going through.. I broke down in tears in front of him […]
- Jessica’s Story I was a mother of 3 by the age of 23 and I dealing with postpartum depression. I went to my obstetrician to talk about what I was going through.. I broke down in tears in front of him and […]