Hello, first thank you to Erin Brockovich for setting this web page up and also to the other women who have shared. Given the difficulties other women have reported, I almost feel guilty writing about mine because they seem minor in comparison. But as the person living with them, the concerns aren’t so minor. I had Essure in 2004 at the age of 39. Since then, I have had serious fatigue, joint pain, and pain with intercourse, sometimes so intense that I have shot out of bed screaming (thank goodness my husband’s a compassionate man). I have been seen by various doctors for these concerns and usually receive little help. I only learned of this issue when I went in today (11/07) for an ultrasound for suspected fibroids. I am grateful to the technician who let me in on this and I will definitely be discussing it with my doctor at my follow-up visit. I would really hope that Bayer would at least cover the medical expenses for women who had these things and that they’d pay for us to get them out.
- Marcela’s Story Here is my story: I have a son with special needs and after genetic testing and the high possibility of having more with the same condition I decided in 2008 to use the ESSURE device after […]
- Shelly’s Story My name is Shelly, and just had a visit with my OBGYN regarding all my pain (back, abdominal, skin irritation, bloating) I felt like I had to fight for the way I felt, defending myself, u […]
- Pam’s Story I have had problems from the day I had Essure implanted. My left one went in fine and my right one hurt so bad that my doctor had to have me come back a few days later to place it again. […]
- Jennifer’s Story Looking back at all the years of pain that I have experienced and really recalling how much pain I was in and how severe it was really leaves me in tears. I ran to ER after ER crying out […]
- Jacquelyn’s Story My name is Jacquelyn Edden and I am writing to you in hopes to share my story about a permanent birth control called Essure. I am 28 years old and a mother of 4. In July 2013 I gave birth […]
- Jacquelyn’s Story Jan. 5, 2013 Hello, My name is Jacquelyn Edden and I am writing to you in hopes you would assist me on my journey to share my story. I am 28 years old and a mother of 4. In July […]