I had the Essure coils placed around 2004, when it was still quite new. The HSG followup confirmed tubal blockage, and I didn’t really think about them much after that.
In July 2015 I started having GI problems: constant nausea, occasional vomiting, no appetite, stomach pain after eating. The doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with me after many tests and many visits. I lost 25 pounds (which I didn’t really have to spare) over the next 3 months of barely being able to eat. At that point, I suddenly developed more significant abdominal pain that led me to go to the ER. A CT scan revealed that one of my Essure coils was in my abdominal cavity. I had laproscopic surgery a week later to remove the coil in my abdominal cavity and they also removed both fallopian tubes, getting the other coil that was still in the right place as well. Since healing from the surgery I am finally getting back to normal and finding my appetite again. I am relieved to be done with Essure.
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]
- Cairnie’s Story I had Essure done Feb 28, 2012. All seemed to go well until I had the 3 month follow up HSG confirmation test. It showed that one of the coils perforated my uterus and was in a coiled up […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had essure inserted 6 month later the pain began.I dealt e with the pain for over a year it was horrid.My OB would not help me or have anything to do with me,I even had trouble getting […]
- Marzena’s Story I decided to get assure 3 years ago. I have three beautiful children and did not want to have any more babies. I was 32. I felt like this procedure was simpler and better than vasectomy. […]
- Tracy’s Story In March of 2009, my five year Mirena IUD either needed to be replaced or it was time to look for permanent options. An OBGYN who I was not familar with starting seeing patients in my […]
- Holly’s Story The last 2 years have been absolute hell for my entire family and me. I had the Essure procedure in July of 2011. Within a couple of weeks I began having abdominal pain, vomiting and my […]