I had Essure done in July of 2014, simply because it was free under my insurance (except for the hidden cost of the HSG that I was blindsided by) and it was a non-surgical procedure that only took a few minutes and I wouldn’t miss any time from my daily life. It sounded great because my family was complete and I didn’t have time to be down with a surgical procedure. About 3 months after essure I started bleeding heavily and haven’t really stopped, my periods run into each other every month. I have headaches all the time, swelling, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, severe bloating, weight gain, no energy… The list goes on and on. My doctor that performed the procedure just gave me a pamphlet to read a few days before the surgery. I didn’t really do much research on it because I trusted my doctor 100 % Because she had been my doctor for over 8 years and also delivered one of my children . When I went back in a few months ago with all my complaints she simply just blamed it on hormones and my age, which is 39. She then just suggested I have an ablation. I will be going for a consultation with another doctor in a few days to discuss have a hysterectamy to remove this horrible demon out of my body.
- Jodi’s Story I had the essure procedure in 2012. I was bleeding on a daily basis for a few months. I was having bad cramping. The pain was awful. I went to see another doctor. I thought maybe the […]
- Chrisanne’s Story Thanks to everyone for helping to feel I am not alone. My GYN told me about the implants two years ago. He said it would be great to decrease menstrual symptoms, non hormonal, quick and […]
- Tina’s Story My name is Tina, im from oklahoma. Im 34 years old and the mother of 4. After the birth of my 4th child my physician suggested the essure device because i didnt want to use birth control […]
- Melissa’s Story I thought I did my research. My fiancé and I planned on not having children. Regular birth control pills did not help me; the hormones in them cause my cycle to really go out of whack. So […]
- Nicole’s Story Hello my name is Nicole, On March 8, 2010 I was given the Essure procedure due to my doctor telling me that they no longer did the tubal ligation because they found it was not that […]
- Brianne’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted a few months after my youngest son was born in 2008. At the time it seemed like the easier option for sterilization. Within two weeks after the procedure I […]