Hi, I am in the UK and today received a letter from the hospital that did the procedure (Cornwall) to tell me that I needed to contact them due to an ‘unexpectedly high failure rate’ with the procedure and that I needed further testing and to discuss my options.
The procedure was pretty much pain free at the time and apart from increased blood pressure and cramping it seemed to be ok. However, having received the letter, I had a look online and came across a multitude of problems.
I am now scared, anxious and unsure of what this means to me. I just wanted to make you aware and I will keep you updated.
I have experienced many of the described symptoms and am allergic to nickel. I am so worried now and hate the thought that my body is trying to reject something that I allowed them to put in there. I hope things change!
- Louise’s Story My name is Louise and I am a mother of almost 5 year old twin girls in Cornwall in the UK. I had essure last year because my husband and I are happy with the family we have, and like many […]
- Laura’s Story I am from liverpool in the North west of England. I had essure fitted on June 13th 2013 by the nhs after being told by hospital staff that the procedure was quick virtually painless and […]
- Julie’s Story Dear all, I am from the UK and I had the Essure implants in Dec 2009, it was a new procedure at my hospital and I was pressurised into having it by the gynecologist at the hospital. I had […]
- Racheal’s Story Hi I am a 24 year old mother of four and after the birth of my daughter in 2012 I was hospitalized for nearly a month not allowed to see my children because of the infection in my uterus […]
- Leigh’s Story I had Essure implanted in May of 2012 at the age of 33. I have 4 children from my ex-husband and I cannot take hormonal birth control due to blood clots. Since I was taking Coumadin (blood […]
- Paige’s Story I had the essure procedure on 7th July 2014. Throughout the process leading up to the procedure, the only information I received about afterwards was that I would feel a little off with […]