My name is Erica. I’m 38 and have 4 amazing children. 3 years ago after researching my options, I decided to have the procedure Essure/Novasure done. I had no idea what would come. My periods have become heavier than I’ve ever had, I’m also having my period every 2-2 1/2 wks. But the worst part is the excruciating pain I’m having. I’ve been to the Dr and had Ultrasounds, but my only options are to have a hysterectomy, or to be on heavy narcotics every month. But I won’t take the heavier narcotics and have been only using Motrin. Unfortunately Motrin doesn’t even touch the pain of having. The pain includes my entire left leg and my lower back and buttock. It causes me to throw up regularly. Ive finally decided that I have no other choice but to have a hysterectomy. This makes me so sad, and I must admit I’m not handling it all that well emotionally or mentally. I would give anything to be able to go back, and even though I researched it, be able to do a more in-depth research. Now I have the cost of a hysterectomy, and having to deal with the emotional side of having my reproductive organs removed. Much regret and sadness.
- Amy’s Story I had essure done in 2009 after my 3rd child. After about a few months of the implant my periods are heavy and can last up to 2 1/2 wks. I have since been in and out of the er because […]
- Bobbi’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on December 28th, 2010. We have 3 wonderful kids and we didn't want anymore kids. I had planned on just getting a tubal ligation after our last daughter was […]
- Antoinette’s Story I had the Essure procedure done almost 3 year ago, after deciding that 4 children were enough. A little over 1 1/2 years after having the procedure done I missed my period. I went in to […]
- Erica’s Story I had the procedure in 2008 sunce the first day i had problems i was bleeding for 3 weeks with extreme pelvic pain the doctor told me i had a cyst that burst that's why i had pain but […]
- Ev’s Story My husband and I have 4 children. He has two from his first marriage and I have a daughter from my first marriage (all teenagers). We have a daughter together who turned 3 Sept 23rd, […]
- Erica’s Story Back in 2012 i asked my doc to give me the esure he told me know thats not what i wanted so i ended up getting pregnant and had my son 4-4-13 when my son was about 5 months i said him can […]