My husband and I decided we were done having children after my fifth child and only son. I had spoken with my OB/GYN regarding permanent birth control throughout my pregnancy and firmly stated that I did not want to have any more children. That I wanted to have a tubal ligation done since it has been around for a long time and the best proven permanent birth control to this day.
He recommended Essure because it’s a minimally invasive procedure and minimal downtime as well. Throughout the pregnancy I kept asking more questions regarding the procedure and side effects in order to make an informed decision. Needless to say he sold me on the Essure. I had the procedure done December 14, 2012, 6 weeks after given birth to my son.
On June 19, 2013 six months after the procedure I find out I am five weeks pregnant, not to mention that since I had the procedure done I have had severe lower abdominal pain and swelling which makes me feel and look like I am always bloated. If I should have known any of the possible side effects, especially becoming pregnant, I would have never gone through with the procedure. I would have gone to another OB/GYN to perform the Tubal Ligation, since my doctor seemed very against it.
- Jennifer’s Story I'm a young mother of three, after my last child I had the essure implants done back in October 2013. A year later after all the pain and problems I have experienced I am having them […]
- Patricia’s Story Like many other women I was looking for a reliable birth control method. So when I went in for my annual check up I was told about this new method in birth control. It sounded great I […]
- Evelyn’s Story If I knew then what I know now, I would have run from the doctors office as fast as I could and never looked back. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and I made a huge mistake. I had […]
- April’s Story Hello! After giving birth to my third child (husband and I have 7 children all together), we had decided that we were done having children. I visited my ob gyn and went over my options. He […]
- Delinda’s Story I had essure implanted in 2007 after my third child i was told it permantely prevented pregnancy without any symtoms. Ever since my periods have been so heavy and painful i cant carry a […]
- Majbritt’s Story After having 2 wonderful boys, my youngest in Nov. 2013, my husband and I decided we did not want to have any more childres. I talked with my doctor who recommened Essure. I had the […]