I had my Essure procedure in September 2011. It was marketed as easy, minimal pain, minimal side effects. On August 13, 2012 I had a hydrosalpinx (fluid filled fallopian tube) surgically removed. I was told this could be directly related to the Essure device. On November 14th, 2012 I will be having a Hysterectomy in order to remove the coils due to my constant pain. My last ultrasound showed no problems with my uterus and the recommendation was to have the coils removed.
- Rebekah’s Story I'm a thirty-year-old woman that had severe affects of the Essure device. One of the coils was in my uterus. I went through months of sever pain and I had no energy because I was so sick. […]
- Kelly’s Story I had the Essure coils placed in June of 2013. I had the HSG test in November 2013 and it showed one coil was on the fallopian tube as it should be however the second one is embedded in a […]
- Sherry’s Story I went in to have the essure procedure. I was told it would only take a few minutes in the doctor's office. I was able to watch the doctor on the screen the whole time. He tried to put the […]
- Julie’s Story I just want to say that I had the essure procedure done, and about a month later, had to go back for surgery to remove the coils because of constant pain. One coil had bent and embedded […]
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]
- Shamaunda’s Story I had the essure procedure done about four years ago .I choose this procedure because it I would not have to go into the hospital for a surgical procedure.After the essure procedure I had […]