I had Essure implanted in September of 2012, since then it has been an absolute nightmare. I was diagnosed with a severe heart arrhythmia and Essure was supposed to be the alternative to the risks anesthesia would have on my body/heart. I am highly allergic to nickel, it was never disclosed that the coils contained nickel. Since the procedure I have had these skin rashes, cysts, acne, cramps, irregular cycles, sharp pains, more heart palpitations, fatigue, diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, and severe migraines, leg pain, oh also I managed to end up with mrsa from one of these cysts. This is a nightmare and I cannot find a doctor willing to help me, and the doctor that did the implants will not see me because I refused to pay the copay that was due because of all of these problems I’m having.
- Kellie’s Story I had the Essure implants inserted in 2005, when it was still a very new procedure. I opted for this form of permanent birth control due to having Crohn's Disease and having already […]
- Angela’s Story In September of 2008, after my 3rd child and at the age of 28, I agreed to be implanted with Essure. My Doctor who I've been going to since I was 18 and whom I completely trusted, […]
- Anna’s Story I had talked to my OB/GYN in August of 2012 about my options for birth control. I had no intentions of having any more children after I had my son and didn't want to go back on the pill. I […]
- Angie’s Story I got the Essure somewhere between 2002-2004. I thought that it was perfect and had no issues until I saw a post on Facebook this morning about there being issues. I am literally sick to […]
- Casie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2011. I am currently getting information together for my Doctor because he wants to see how many women out there are suffering! After going to him […]
- Jeannette’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted in January of 2009. I had severe pain after the HSG test. The past five years, I've had extremely painful periods, huge blood clots, intermittent pulsating […]