I had the essure procedue preformed in 2006 after my fourth pregnancy resulted in a misscarriage. I decided I didn’t want any more children and wanted a permanent birth control option. My Obgyn suggested Essure and told me it wasn’t as invasive as having my ‘tubes tied’ and there was NO DOWN TIME. He performed the procedure in his office under mild sedation. It was extremely uncomfortable with severe cramping but I was told this was normal. I was NEVER TOLD of any adverse side effects or risks. My periods prior to this procedue were completely normal. Ever since the ESSURE procedure I have a menstral cycle every two weeks with severe cramping, heavy bleeding with large clots, severe headaches, and fatigue. The bleeding is so heavy I have to wear two pads and often bleed through. I’ve talked to my doctor who claims it is not the fault of ESSURE and recommends that I have a hysteroctomy and I’m only 43 years old. I’m scared and don’t know who to trust or where to find answeres.
- Brianne’s Story In May of 2011, I went in to have the Essure procedure done. We were done having children and had thought that it would be easiest procedure as we wanted something permanent. It was less […]
- Cynthia’s Story I have four children and I was completely sure that I did not want anymore children. My doctor offered me this method of birth control and told me how effective it was. I had the procedure […]
- Kat’s Story I went to my GYN to discuss birth control and heavy periods. I had used an IUD in the past without issues as I am unable to use hormone-based birth control. My periods had been a bit heavy […]
- Delinda’s Story I had essure implanted in 2007 after my third child i was told it permantely prevented pregnancy without any symtoms. Ever since my periods have been so heavy and painful i cant carry a […]
- Stefanie’s Story I had the Essure procedure when I was 21 in June 2008. My doctor suggested it as the best birth control as I didn't want anymore children. My children were both in diapers being 14 months […]
- Kristen’s Story I had the essure done in 2012. My doctor told me that it was safe and 100% effective. I had difficult pregnancies with my two children so I did not want anymore kids. I was happy. My […]