In 2012, 8 weeks after my daughter was born I had the essure procedure done at the age of 27. I had a boy, a girl, and a dog, plus miserable pregnancies with multiple hospitalizations for severe ‘morning sickness.’ For 4 months after the procedure I had the worst, most painful, and heaviest bleeding period I’ve ever had, for 4 months straight. Finally, after all of that plus the 40 pounds in 4 months I put on, the doctor did an ultrasound and discovered the essure coils had come out and started to implant in the side of my uterus. They rushed me to surgery the next day. I had to have a D&C, have the coils removed, and then my tubes were tied the ‘old fashioned’ way. It took almost a month to recover, with a 5 month old and 4 year old at home to take care of to. Since then, my periods are still extreme every month, I still have trouble with my weight, my hair is falling out and I’m always hot. But for one week a month, I’m immobilized with pain. Don’t do it!
- Jamie’s Story I had Essure put in on 9/18/2006 by my OB/GYN in the navy. I was never told it could or would be this painful to live with. I get horrible headaches, severe abdominal pain and cramps. I'm […]
- Kelly’s Story I had my 2nd miscarriage at the age of 34 after having 4 beautiful healthy girls. my first miscarriage was not as hard on me physically as the second, but it was quite clear that my body […]
- Cortney’s Story I went in to have the Essure procedure done in Dec of 2011. The dr's first mistake was forgetting to give me a pregnancy test. I went home, was in a little bit of pain for a few days. […]
- Jamie Leigh’s Story Hello my name is Jamie Leigh and I am an Essure survivor. In April of 2014 I had my Essure device implanted in my gynecologist's office. I was told that I would feel mild cramping for the […]
- Elaine’s Story I'm 33 years old and a mother of 4. I had my only son back in 2010 and with that delivery I had an emergency C-Section. I was supposed to have my tubes tied but since I had an emergency […]
- Melissa’s Story I just finished reading a few women's stories. I am 36 years old and I am somewhat ashamed to say that I didn't pay attention to potential side effects. My Essure was placed in April of […]