I have not had the essure procedure myself, however I work in claims and benefits at a private insurance company. With the new Afforable Care Act this procedure, since its considered sterlization and is FDA approved, is a paid benefit. I wanted to share that an insured told me that many women are having problems with Essure and told me about this website. She shared that they have formed their own support group . But I wanted to mention that one the Essure patients actually had one of the coils scrapping a notch in one of her bones. She shared other stories, but this seemed like something to mention and get out there. She also said the coils can just float around in your body and the scans can’t find where the coils went. Of course as a representative for the insurance company, I can’t share this with anyone wanting to get the procedure, but I so wish I could. I would tell them to check out your website. I hope something changes because it just isn’t safe for some women.
- Crystal’s Story My name is Crystal, I had the Essure procedure done four years ago and I have had problems ever since. I have had cramps, UTI infections and have been in and out of the hospital a lot. I […]
- Amber’s Story I have no desire to have children. It's not my journey. I have been using the Mirena IUD for 7 years now and am happy enough, but wanted a more permanent solution. I heard about Essure and […]
- Maureen’s Story First of all I want to thank you for having this website. I thought I was loosing my mind. I have been in pain for so many years and the doctors cant figure out whats wrong with me. […]
- Erin’s Story I am writing this in pain right now. I have the essure procedure done October 2012. I have experienced lower abdominal pain more then ever and my periods are very very hard for 2 days then […]
- Rebekah’s Story I had mine done last year and experienced terrible pain from the day I had it done up until I ended up having to have a full hysterectomie done! I complained for months how much pain I was […]
- Alicia’s Story I had Essure done two years ago. I'm always having migraines and severe pain in my side. I keep having them. I am told it's nothing but I didn't have the problems until after the Essure. […]