I’m 38 years old and had a hysterectomy 5 years ago this week. I had the Essure put in and was excited because I had a hard time with traditional hormone birth control. In less than a year after I had the coils put in I began having cramps, and they got worse and worse. My OB/GYN ordered a CT scan. We found out one of the coils was halfway out of my Fallopian tube into my uterus and surrounded by scar tissue. She referred me to a specialist at Swedish Hospital in Seattle, and she saw me a month later. By then the pain was excruciating, she did a CT scan and told me the coil was nearly completely out of my Fallopian tube and told me my only option was a hysterectomy. I agreed to do the procedure because the pain was unbearable. Less than a month after that decision, I had the hysterectomy. Post surgery my doctor told me i had complications during surgery. The coil was pushed up and punctured the top of my uterus, and I had so much scar tissue it made it difficult to remove the other coil that was still intact.
If I had known I would have those complications a year after having the coils implanted, I never would have went ahead with the procedure.
- Sheila’s Story My name is Sheila Fitzjarrald and I'm 37 years old and this is my story. I had my Essure put in in August 2006, after have my daughter in June of 2006. Within a few weeks of having it put […]
- Terri’s Story I tried to have Essure done in 2011. I chose a Doctor who had the ability to do it in his facility to save the out of pocket expenses of a hospital. They assured me I did not have to be […]
- Cairnie’s Story I had Essure done Feb 28, 2012. All seemed to go well until I had the 3 month follow up HSG confirmation test. It showed that one of the coils perforated my uterus and was in a coiled up […]
- Ashley’s Story I received the Essure procedure back in March of 2006. I just was released from a stay in the hospital due to the coils that were implanted in my tubes. A ultra sound and pelvic exams foun […]
- Pamela’s Story I had the Essure procedure done at my doctors office in June 2012. My doctor of over 20 years did the procedure. from the moment the coils were put in I had pain. My doctor told me this […]
- Nara’s Story I'm looking for understand my pain in the pelvic area for few years. I'm leaving in pain after the essure procedure. And the doctor which have done the procedure said it is cause by […]