I have two children and was not interested in having any more, so I went to my doctor to discuss permanent birth control options. My doctor recommended Essure, and it sounded like the perfect solution. I had the Essure coils implanted in March 2010. Three years later I am devastated by my decision!
I am now experiencing the following side effects: pelvic pain-cramping on my right side, breast tenderness, tingling nerves in my left arm, heartburn, on-going mental fogginess, an almost non-existent menstrual cycle, and weight gain. After having three months of pelvic cramping I went back to my doctor and explained my symptoms. She ordered some tests. I had blood test results. I’M IN MENOPAUSE – I’m 38! I now am at a greater risk for heart disease and cancer. I am shocked and worried!!!
After learning more about the other women that are dealing with the same issues, I wonder how the government can continue to allow this device to be used? How many more women need to go through having these devices implanted and then suffer for years, fighting with their doctors to get them to understand that the device is causing their issues? It must stop!
- Kimyatta’s Story I am 33 years old with three children. I had Essure implanted in 2009 a year after having my third child. Immediately I began to have really bad cramping and bleeding. I brought it to my […]
- Stacie’s Story Hi my names is Stacie, I am a 35 year old mother of two wonderful girls. My story is a bit different but seems to have the same results. I had my Essure put in about 3 months ago. I did […]
- Anna’s Story I had talked to my OB/GYN in August of 2012 about my options for birth control. I had no intentions of having any more children after I had my son and didn't want to go back on the pill. I […]
- Pamela’s Story I had the procedure done about 4 years ago…Right after I had it done we lost our insurance coverage so I never had any follow up after implantaion..I also had to go back twice […]
- Christina’s Story I have this implant for 4 years but I never realized the side effects. I have always had pelvis pain after the implant but never thought that it could be the implant. Today I'm going […]
- Tracey’s Story Implanted with Essure coils into my folopian tubes in 2003 via an OBGYN in a hospital to prevent future pregnancy due to not wanting any more kids. After 3 months I was assured coils were […]