I am an older woman who had her last child at age 40. I asked the doctor for a tubal but he insisted that the Essure would be much better for me, I even felt pressured into getting them put in. So after having my son in 2011 I had the Essure implanted. I was on state health care and thought that maybe there was a reason for getting pressured into this. I wonder now if the doctors made a percentage from doing this procedure? I never thought that my fatigue and weight gain could be from anything other than my age, but now with so many other stories it seems like I too , have not been the same since I had the Essure procedure done. I have had a chronic cough, pain in my ribs, strange aches and cramps in areas between my pelvic area, my stomach also feels and looks bloated and I am tired all the time. I am glad to be able to have an understanding on what I should have checked, it’s my body and I want answers!
Thank you so much for letting me know that I am not the only one out there that feels this way.
- Madelyn’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in November 2007. Since then I've had many issues: headaches, nausea, sharp pain on my left side and sometimes on my right, I've also had weight gain, heavy […]
- Tonja’s Story Hi my name is Tonja. I am a 38 year old mother of four daughters. I had my last child May 22, 2012. I had the Essure procedure put in August 2012. A short time later I started to […]
- Shannon’s Story I was implanted in July of 2005, just weeks shy of my 25th birthday. I am the proud mother of two children that were 5 & 3 at the time. My ob/gyn that I trusted and delivered both of […]
- Kimyatta’s Story I am 33 years old with three children. I had Essure implanted in 2009 a year after having my third child. Immediately I began to have really bad cramping and bleeding. I brought it to my […]
- Wendy’s Story I am 38 years old, a wife and a mother of two grown children. In February of 2012 I was told by my obgyn doctor that he recommended the essure device for my irregular periods and as a […]
- Toni’s Story After having a surprise baby in 2007 when I was 32 (I already had an 18, 16 & 14 year old at the time) and now having high blood pressure, I was advised that it was dangerous for me […]