In December 2010 after giving birth to my 5th child, I had the Essure inserted. This was suppose to be the easy route so as not to cause me any down time. I was assured that this was as safe as a tubal. Two weeks after having this procedure I began having strange episodes. My heart would feel as though it flipped inside of me, everything would go black, palpitations, tingling in my head, face, and all the way down my body. My extremities were ice cold to the touch, I could not catch a breath and literally believed I was having a stroke or heart attack. I ended up at the ER twice, my OBGYN once, and my family practitioner twice. All test came out perfect, nothing wrong with me.
Yet, I kept having these episodes that would put me out of commission for a day to a week sometimes. Now 2 years later, I have all of the same issues plus I now have 7 to 10 day periods that leave me weak and bed ridden. I have joint issues that keep me on Ibuprofen constantly and some sort of stomach issue that has me on medication. Doctor guessed that this was an ulcer.
My quality of life is horrible and doing normal things with my 5 children isn’t even a luxury I can maintain.
- Maray’s Story Hi my name is Maray Brandon. I had the Essure device placed in me 4 months after giving birth to my son in 2006. I went to see an OB/GYN doctor at University of Maryland Hospital because […]
- Melanie’s Story my name is melanie i am 29 yrs old with 2 beautiful children i was advised to get the essure procedure done after i had my last child as both my deliveries nearly cost me my life the day i […]
- Janie’s Story I had my my Essure procedure on October 2, 2006 at the age of 27. My doctor raved about how I would have less downtime and could continue with life within days. She told me all the down […]
- Lilly’s Story When my 25th birthday hit, I headed to the OBGYN to finally get my tubal ligation. The Doctor at the military hospital would not do them till then. When I got there she told me about a […]
- Reyna’s Story I'm angry and in tears as I am writing this by reading all comments on women with Essure procedure nightmares experiences. I got mine done Sept 27th how I wish now I could go back and not […]
- Courtney’s Story Prior to the birth of my seventh child my doctor talked to me about Essure. She made it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. So easy, no down time, coils were the same material as […]