I had this done when it was a fairly new method of BC I got this being told it was a safer and less invasive form of birth control. It has caused me nothing but grief. I began to notice swelling and bloating after the surgery. Thinking it would stop it did not. I began to gain weight without any changes in my diet or exersise. Sex was not the same for me or my partner. I never had any discomfort or pain prior to the essure. My periods are not right. Many other side effects Im not ready to share. It has effected my marriage. I kept telling myself it was not the procedure that caused so many problems and felt like I could not discuss it with anyone. I did so much research before getting this done but found all of it to be positive and made all of the side effects seem minimal. I wish I could go back change my descision. I want to have them removed. Im scared not knowing if it will reverse the damage it has done to me. I hope others will not get this done.
- Valerie’s Story I have PCOS. And last year I started having major uterine bleeding. My GYN suggested an ablation, I was fine with that, but then he suggested Essure as the form of birth control to use […]
- Jennifer’s Story I am 33 years of age. Before the procedure was done; I was a healthy, and very active woman. A mother, and at that time I had a great sex drive. My husband and I have been dealing with a […]
- Tiffany’s Story I have told my story before, now I am telling you the end results. My name is tiffany I am 31 I had the essures put in me in 2009. I was informed they were safe and okay, so I went through […]
- Merari’s Story I HAD THE ESSURE DONE ON 09/30/2008 EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL 9/5/2014.I STARTED GETTING SHARP PAIN ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY ABDOMEN SOMEDAYS THE PAIN IS REALLY BAD AND SOMEDAYS THE PAIN IS […]
- Shanna’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in November of 2009, when my husband and I decided that we did not want anymore than the 2 babies we have. I have had nothing but problems since. For […]
- Jessica’s Story I had the Essure procedure done June 2012 because our family was complete and the thought of not undergoing surgery to have a permanent birth control option was alluring. My doctor had a […]