I had this procedure done two weeks ago, Jan 14, 2015. Since then I have been bleeding, cramping, leg and back pain, and terrible headaches. I called my DR one week after the procedure and was told the bleeding and cramping will subside, I didn’t mention my body pains and headaches, as I did not think they were from a couples of coils inserted in my fallopian tubes. Yesterday two weeks after my procedure I called my DR again about bleeing and cramping and the nurse asked a lot of questions and needed to discuss my answers with the DR and I’m still waiting for a call back today. I find it ironic that our local news today is airing a story on the complications of Essure and this is what it states: A permanent birth control device called Essure is causing debilitating health problems, including several women in KELOLAND. But they have little recourse when it comes to taking the maker of the device to court. It’s a quick office procedure that is causing serious complications for thousands of women. I’m now horrified and don’t know what to do. I have been reading the internet stories all morning and wondering why all this information was not provided to me before I had the procedure done.
- Jennifer’s Story I am a 31 year old mother of 6.I was implanted January 2012.So heres a quick story.After my 6th child my husband I decided that 'we were finished'with having children.So I was interested […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done at my healthcare provider back in August of 2010. Since the device is hormone free and permanent, I thought it was the best decision for me. By April, 2011, […]
- Jennifer’s Story In 2010 I got pregnant with my third child and I knew I did not want anymore I spoke with my doctor about tubal ligation which became the plan from day 1. 6 weeks after delivery at my […]
- Kayla’s Story My name is Kayla and I had the Essure procedure done March 24, 2014. It was very painful! The meds they gave me to take an hour before, I didn't feel the effects at all. Even the shot of […]
- Anne’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted by my OB/GYN in 2005. The procedure was new at that time; I think I was the first woman my doctor implanted with Essure. Since 2005, my health has […]
- Mendy’s Story I received Essure May of 2010. Contrary to what my physician disclosed to me, the procedure was in fact very painful. In addition I had an allergic reaction to the pain medicine that was […]