I had the Essure procedure done on June 5, 2013. I was given one shot of Toradol and one Valium for this procedure and was screaming and crying in pain as they basically went ‘spelunking’ through my uterus and fallopian tubes. This procedure was observed by a doctor and performed by a med student.
Since the procedure I have been in the ER three times for severe pain, undergone numerous ultrasounds, CT scan, and HSG test. I’m currently going through my second round of Flagyl and doxycycline as an ‘experiment’ to see if my severe pain will go away. I have been begging my providers for oophorectomy or hysterectomy to remove my enlarged ovaries, Essure coils, and hopefully give me my life back. I still have severe pain daily. I am taking a LOT of narcotic pain meds. I can’t drive. I can’t do housework. I can’t play with my children.
- Victoria’s Story I had got the Essure back in June of 2013. My doctor before I got the procedure done never talked to me about it at all but that it was safe and effective. After I had got the Essure put […]
- Angela’s Story I cannot remember if it was late 2008 or early 2009 – But that is when my Essure journey began. Before getting the procedure done in the Doctors office we realized I wasn't on any […]
- Susan I had the Essure coils inserted in my tubes in December of 2010. I have had problems ever since. First I had bad painful periods. Then all of a sudden, they stopped. I would get it them […]
- Tiffany’s Story I had the Essure coils placed in October of 2011, after having months of bleeding that never stopped. The surgery went well and recovery was pretty easy. I had finally thought I was going […]
- MARIE’s Story I am crying with both relief that I am not crazy and fear for what I now have to do. I had Essure done about 8 years ago, my doctor did not mention any side effects or problems with the […]
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure implants inserted in 2011 and I wish I would have known then what the potential side effects would be. I have experienced multiple side effects over the past 4 years […]