About 6 years ago, I had the essure procedure done to save my husband from having a vasectomy. My doctor told me it was much less invasive than a vasectomy and a quicker recovery. Not long after the procedure, my periods became very heavy and lasted longer. In the last 2 years, I have started bleeding in between periods. Last week, I went to have a transvaginal ultrasound to determine the cause of my bleeding. One of the things they found was that the essure coil had slipped out of place and had perforated my uterus. The coil was also much longer than it should have been for some reason. Full disclosure: the doctor is not sure that the bleeding is from the essure perforated uterus or a cyst they found on my ovary. Regardless, I will have to have some follow-up surgery (possibly hysterectomy) just to get the failed essure coil out. I was told that it was impossible for the coils to move once implanted so naturally I am not happy with the essure coils.
- Cecilia’s Story I had my son in 2009 I already had a daughter & my husband & I decided to have perminant sterilization. We went with the Essure because it was suppose to be less pain, faster […]
- April’s Story I am 30 and I have three amazing children. I decided that my husband and I were happy with the number of children we had so I had the Essure procedure in May of 2012. My doctor assured me […]
- Maria’s Story I am 38 years old. I am married with 4 children. My story with Essure starts after my fourth child. She was born in September 2009. I had a natural birth and did not want to have to […]
- Jody’s Story After having 2 c-sections, and getting my incision infected both times, I knew I was done having kids. When I explored my options my doctor had suggested getting the essure done because […]
- Kimberly’s Story Update on my story. Thanks Erin for posting it! I had the surgery to remove the Essure product on Wednesday. I had only had the coils in for 3 weeks, and during the surgery my doctor […]
- Kari’s Story I researched permanent birth control options after my fourth child was born and after much research and by reccommendation from my doctors I picked Essure. During my surgery while the […]