I have Juvenile Diabetes and many other medical problems. I had given birth to a son in 2001 and had a miscarriage in 2004. My husband and I decided we were fine with our son and my body didn’t need any more stress on it, so I went to my gynecologist and he told me about Essure. He said it was better than having my tubes tied and there was no way I could get pregnant. I had the coils inserted in September 2009 and immediately started having pain especially on my left side where the coils had been implanted. I told the doctor that did the procedure and was told there was no way it was the Essure. Since then I have told every doctor no matter their specialty about the pain and they have all told me it couldn’t be Essure. I have been living with this pain every since. It never stops. Also, the only way to get rid of the coils is to have a hysterectomy and my doctors start freaking out when I bring that up because the medicine they put you on makes it very hard to regulate my blood sugars. So I am between a rock and a hard place. Please do NOT even think about getting Essure. It was the worst decision I have ever made.
- Aracelis’s Story I had my essure procedure done on September 9th 2009 after having four kids. I was sure I was done with my family and was 34 very aware of possible complications especially since I had […]
- Jenny’s Story I had my coils put in in 2007, it was touted as an awesome procedure, no down time and very little cramping. I was fine for the first couple of years, maybe a little less and then I […]
- Krystal’s Story I am 32 years old. I have three children. With my last child in 2008 I had essure put in. I had a medical card so they would not pay for the dye test to see if it was blocked and I could […]
- Carrie’s Story I had the essure implant done on December 23, 2008. I had it done as an outpatient procedure. I immediately began to have problems with the implant. I had pain, weakness, and could not […]
- Kari’s Story I'm 27 years old with four children. My last child was a surprise. I was 25 and just had the youngest. I got told Essure was better for me than to just get my tubes tied. I didn't want […]
- Leila’s Story In March of 2007 I had this done at Shands Jacksonville, I had 3 children and felt my family was complete..In August of 2010 I found out I was pregnant, So I went to Shands to have a […]