I had my coils put in in 2007, it was touted as an awesome procedure, no down time and very little cramping.
I was fine for the first couple of years, maybe a little less and then I started coming down with strange ailments, horribly painful periods with lots of clots, moodiness, night sweats, muscle pain, extreme fatigue, fainting, horrible cramps even when I do not have my period. Mental fog, weight gain and trouble concentrating among other things.
Of course doctors have tried to give me all sorts of different diagnosis….but how can a 34 year old who was previously very healthy, worked out 5-6 days a week, took 1 hour boot camp classes, 1 1/2 yoga classes and who ate organically all of a sudden come down with all of these medical issues?
I had the procedure because I thought it would be easier on my body, now I am going to be having a hysterectomy.
- Stephanie’s Story I got Essure done back in April of 2012 because I didn't want to have a major surgery. Everything was fine, so I thought. I soon broke out in a rash from hell. Two trips to the ER and then […]
- Jenny’s Story I got the essure placed in 2008 after having 3 children. I am a high risk OB nurse, and never looked back because I considered myself lucky to be free from the fear of having an unplanned […]
- Antoinette’s Story I had the Essure procedure done almost 3 year ago, after deciding that 4 children were enough. A little over 1 1/2 years after having the procedure done I missed my period. I went in to […]
- Heather’s Story I received Essure in 2012, after my Doctor suggested that it would be the best solution for me in the way of permanent birth control. I of course had hang-ups about leaving a foreign […]
- Dawn’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April of 2007, about six months after the birth of my youngest. I had a difficult pregnancy and delivery so I was advised by my OB/GYN to consider […]
- Jenny’s Story I have Juvenile Diabetes and many other medical problems. I had given birth to a son in 2001 and had a miscarriage in 2004. My husband and I decided we were fine with our son and my body […]