I had the Essure coils inserted in 2009.It’s been 4 years of pain and complications. At first, it wasn’t so bad… just irregular menstrual cycles and ovarian cysts. As the years past, the pain in my lower right abdomen has gotten worse. I’ve had severe cysts and fibroids that have worried the doctors to be cancerous. This past Wednesday (August 28, 2013) my fiancé rushed me to the ER for serious abdominal cramping on the right side. I thought my appendix had ruptured. The ER did an ultrasound and told me the right Essure coil had migrated into my uterus and was causing the severe fibroids and cysts. Also that it might be imbedded in my uterus instead of the fallopian tube. I go in for a consult with my gynecologist on Tuesday, September 3, 2013. Hopefully I can either get the essure removed or a complete hysterectomy. I’m also going to have them test me for ‘toxic metal poisoning’ due to the nickel that these coils are made of. The abdominal swelling has progressed to the point that I can’t wear my normal clothes. I look 6 months pregnant.
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had Essure placed in September 2011. I was never told about the risk of nickel sensitivity and it was sold as a convenient, pain free device, with minimal down time. The only negative […]
- Rene’s Story I had the essure done about two years ago, since I have experienced weight gain, headaches, horrible periods and excessive bleeding to the point of anaemia… about a month ago I […]
- Christina’s Story I had the Essure procedure done after I had my second child in 2012. My husband and I decided we were done having children so we thought we were doing the right thing. The Essure is less […]
- Stacey’s Story I have had the essure in for about two years now and it has caused me a lot of pain, I am now going to have a hysterectomy. I did not want to have any more kids so I decided to have the […]
- Caryn’s Story Hello. My name is Caryn Kukuk. About 7 years ago, when my son was 1, I decided to have the Essure procedure. It seemed like the best choice since I had already had 2 C-sections. My […]
- Sandra’s Story About 4 years ago I had the Essure procedure done. When I first went to have the procedure I was told that they were only able to get the left one in because my right fallopian tube […]