Hi. My name is Jessica and I’m 32. I was advised by my gynecologist during my 4th pregnancy of the essure procedure. My doctor made it sound like it would be a great procedure and was so cut and dry, simple and easy. Since I was in nursing school at the time and the recovery time was much less I decided to go with the procedure. I was not told much about it except that they place some ‘coils’ transvaginal and that after 3 months time my fallopian tubes would be blocked and I’d have tubal ligation. Little did I know my life would be a living hell after. Since this procedure in 2007, I have been suffering bad frequent headaches, sudden dizziness, horrible cramping even when off menstruation, sharp pains upon moving too fast to turn side to side in bed or get up from sitting/ lying position and occasional nausea. If that’s not bad enough, I am now remarried and wish I could at least have one baby with my husband but can’t. I hate what this doctor and procedure did to me and I spend a lot of time thinking about this.
- Lacresia’s Story I was 24 years old when I had Essure 3 years ago. I had a 3 year old son, a 3 month old son and found out I was pregnant again with a 3rd unexpected son. I had just started Nursing […]
- Nicole’s Story hi esisters my name is Nicole im 24yrs old after 3 children I knew I was done having babys so at 23 I decided essure was a good choice at the time but was I ever so wrongits been e hell 1 […]
- Katherine’s Story Hi I'm Kathy; I had the Essure procedure done in 2004 in NY at Monterfore Hpspital. Like every other woman I was tired of the pill and I would forget to take it. I had just given birth to […]
- Jennell’s Story I had my baby girl in 2011, my husband and I decided she would be our last. Before she turned one is when I decided to make sure there will be no more babies. I talked to my doctor (this […]
- Amber’s Story My name is Amber Taylor from Toledo, Ohio. I have had 3 children when I got pregnant with my youngest, I knew there wasn't going to be any more children after him. My pregnancy with him […]
- Jessica’s Story Hi, my name is Jessica. I went to the doctor this morning April 3rd, 2015, and my obgyn that has done two of my c-sections, walked into the room. I had already signed papers to have a […]