I had the Essure procedure in 2004. The pain I have is unbearable at times. I literally have had a headache for 10 years. I have been to the doctors several times and had CT and an MRI scans on my head. Which resulted in me taking 1600 mg of ibuprofren daily which isn’t enough, but my stomach can’t handle more than that. I know they’re just headaches but it’s all day, everyday. There is a pain that travels down my leg that starts in my lower abdomen. Although it has been suggested otherwise, I can feel the pain from the inserts. My joints ache to the point it wakes me up. When I stand from sitting no longer than ten minutes it takes more effort than it should at 38 years old. I take vitamins, including glucosamine. I was 180 pounds when I got it and I’ve gained 60 pounds. I honestly thought I was alone in this because I was told there were no side effects from the surgery. I would love to talk to someone and help others through this. Thank you!
- Jessica’s Story I am Jessica I had Essure put in September 30th 2014. Since the procedure I've had very heavy bleeding soaks through a regular tampon a pad and straight into my pants. I get headaches […]
- Jessica’s Story My name is Jessica I am 31 years old I got the essure procedure done in 2010 after my 3rd son was born. My doctor told me it was a new procedure and was safe and 100% effective and he […]
- Angelique’s Story I had the procedure performed in February of 2012. After 2 HSG studies done, I never scarred & one of the implants was floating around in my uterus, to which my OB told me would come […]
- Mwgan’s Story I had the Essure implants placed almost 6 years ago now. At that time, I hadn't been able to find much research at all stating there were issues with the procedure. My doctor and midwife […]
- Marzena’s Story I decided to get assure 3 years ago. I have three beautiful children and did not want to have any more babies. I was 32. I felt like this procedure was simpler and better than vasectomy. […]
- Dawn’s Story I had the Essure devices implanted in February 2011. In May 2011 I had my HSG test to confirm both tubes were blocked, as ordered. Also in May 2011 I started experiencing multiple […]