When I decided to have the essure placement placement as part of my birthcontrol plan I read the letiture that was available and decide if I should have a histerectomy or essure. The magazine advertisements never discussed the side effects and lonly taked about the easy placement, no recovery time and insureance coverage making it seem like a great deal and that the risks involved in the placement of essure were so minimal that they didn’t list any. Even when I went to me doctors they were more concerned with whether I was sure I was ready for a premenint placement option and not the side effects. I wish that someone would have told me about the increased cramping and pain and increased bleeding after placement. The decreased libido and lubercation, advanced perimenoposal symptoms to have at age 35. IF I HAD IT TO DO ALL OVER AGAIN with the knowledge of the side effects and disadvantages I WOULDN’T HAVE DONE IT looking back staying on birthcontrol would have been a much better option! I wish there would have been more research and knowlege out there before the medical field made this option available. I am glad to see that some is finally looking into the issues wiht Essure.
- Kelly’s Story I received my Essure implant March 2013. I noticed hormonal issues right away but thought that was normal. Within a year I started to experience bloating, people ask me frequently […]
- Jodi’s Story I had the essure procedure in 2012. I was bleeding on a daily basis for a few months. I was having bad cramping. The pain was awful. I went to see another doctor. I thought maybe the […]
- Kim’s Story In 2004 I told my ob/gyn I wanted tubal litigation. He handed me a pamphlet on Essure; said it was a superior form of permanent birth control. I read the pamphlet and researched the […]
- Lana’s Story My first essure placement was done on 8/11/09, which was unilateral due to fluffy uterus as my OBGYN explained. I was supposed to come back in a month for the second placement, but I was […]
- Cassandra’s Story My name is Cassandra I am a single mother of three children. I had decided about a year ago that my family was complete. I didn't want any more children. I am the sole income and knew I […]
- Rachel’s Story I received the Essure implants in August of 2014. While I have not experienced things that are horriffic, I have gained 45 pounds since they were placed a little over one year ago. I have […]