I had essure done in 2009…sounded like a great way of sterilization. My doctor recommended it.I was 43, I had 3 children and was fresh out of a divorce. A few months after the procedure I noticed I was still having alot of pain in my abdomen. It was like I could feel the wire inside me. I went back 6 months post op and did the scan and my doctor said it was a success. However, I was still in pain. I went for two ultrasounds and follow up visits. Finally, my doctor told me that some women just have a reaction to them and the only option is to do a partial hysterectomy. I didn’t. I still live with the pain most days and my periods are very heavy. I am sorry I did the essure procedure so so much.
- April’s Story In 2003 I was convinced by my doctor to get the essure. I do not think I had enough time to realize that it is permanent and things change in people's lives and you might not always feel […]
- Dana’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2008. I was a divorced single mother of 2 teenagers. I was told that the procedure went well, tubes were blocked and i could not have children. In […]
- Wendy’s Story my story starts out that my 2nd husband and i did not want any children because we saw the damage my divorce was doing to my son from my first. I went to my PCP and told her i wanted […]
- Kayliecia’s Story I was 18 and i was on my 2nd child. I spoke with my doctor about different forms of birth control. I didn't want to have kids anymore at that time, but of course with any teenage girl who […]
- Mandy’s Story My name is mandy estrela I got the essure after my daughter was born almost five years ago since i had it done I have been a hot mess losing hair major back pain feeling of barbed wire […]
- Chastity’s Story So in 2007 shortly after the birth of our son, my husband and I decided that we were done having children. Due to the fact my infant was in and out of the hospital with severe asta. We […]