I have ADD. My medication causes birth defects. My husband had a vasectomy, so birth control wasn’t an issue. We divorced in 2004.
When I started a serious relationship(late 2014), Essure coils were proposed my by OB/GYN, because birth control pills give me propetual morning sickness. Immediately after they were implanted, I started having major cramping each month about a week before my period and sometimes during my period.
In 2009, I woke up one morning, stretched(flex feet to point, then up toward the ceiling) and doubled over in crippling pain(similar to labor pain except nonstop). I couldn’t drive and walking was extremely painful. I tried to contact my OB/GYN, but he had cessed private practice and I couldn’t get in contact. I called a friend to drive me to the emergency room. The first thing I said to them was that I thought the Essure coil had torn through me. They did a CT scan and came back saying I had a cyst on my ovary. They said that they doubt that the Essure coils were in issue. I had no doubt that they were the issue. I have no histery of any health issues. The only time I had been in the hospital was the birth of my son(1993).
This, of course, was the one time in my life that I was unemployed and didn’t have medical insurance. I was put on county medical(Travis County, Texas). I did get the maximum unemployment, so I ended up paying more a see residents than I would have with my regular doctor. Since I was on county medical, there was no rush to resolve the issue. I was told that the odds were 95% that the cyst was benign. I was very concerned about the other 5%.
It was determined that I needed exploratory surgery(a year later, 2010), after at least four more crippling attacks of extreme pain lasting hours. Each time I had to call someone for help and was eventually give pain medication specifically for abdominal cramps. This also made a job search very difficult.
One of my ovaries was removed during the surgery along with spongy tissue(they explained as similar to endometriosis except on the outside of my ovary) growing from my ovary into my abdomen. I didn’t get a very clear explanation(of course, I was completely out of it after surgery).
I am now working and have insurance. I still have major cramping every other month. I guess because I only have one ovary?
I am still fearful that the issues might start again on my other side.