Hello ladies! I had my procedure done in June of 2011 and was perfectly fine until about 6 months ago when I started having irregular periods and pinching in my stomach to abdomen area. I went in and talked to my obgyn and was told that this was the first he has heard of anyone having problems with the Essure. I have started experiencing pain and cramping in the tube area to the point where I am unable to walk very well and I have to be bent at the waist. It honestly feels as if the coils could pop out of my skin somewhere.
The doctor told me that a full hysterectomy is the only thing that could take care of the problem but I am 32 years old with two small children and I am not sure I am ready to do that yet. Why are the doctors not willing to say there are problems associated with the Essure? When is someone going to start coming up with other options. I hurt so bad but I really don’t feel being unable to care for my two kids for 8 weeks is an option. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
- Chelsea’s Story My name is Chelsea Melvin. On November 1st 2012 I went into an OR excited to come back out and have no scars and be able to work and play with my children ages 6 and 8. To good to be true? […]
- Kayla’s Story My name is Kayla. I am 25 years old and have 2 children, 8 year old son and now 10 month old daughter. My husband and I decided 2 was a good number for us, so I made an appointment to talk […]
- Sara’s Story My name is Sara Strum, and as I sit and type this I'm in severe pain. It starts in my abdomin, goes down into my groin and into my back, then down my leg all the way to my ankle. I had […]
- Barbra’s Story I had the procedure done in 2006 after my 4th child was born. In the first week I started bleeding and that continued thru 6 to 8 weeks. I remember worrying thinking what if I […]
- Deirdre’s Story Im from Ireland and got essure inserted a year and a half ago.I currently suffer from extreme fatigue,headaches,migranes,joint pain that is becoming unbearable,weight gain,nickol reaction […]
- Heather’s Story I am a 26 yr old mother of 3 and i have had narcolepsy since i was 9. i got the essure procedure done in october this yr. i was having extreme fatigue on top of my narcolepsy and cramping […]