I had the Essure procedure on 9/21/12. I started my period that day and as of today it has not stopped (1/11/13). I was not able to go to the imaging appointment because I was still bleeding, and about a month after my procedure my Doctor left town for another position in another state. Because of not having insurance I am having to wait to see a different Doctor. I’m not sure what the new Doctor will tell me, but I fear a hospital stay is in my future (with blood transfusion).
I have 3 children and a husband that works midnight shifts, so I’m afraid of having to stay in the hospital overnight. I have also had some of the other symptoms I’ve read about like hot flashes, stomach pain, mood swings, weight gain and back pain. The pain is not bad but it should not still be present if everything was done right and the product is safe. I went to the Essure web sight and they say nothing about side effects like I have had. I am getting to the point that I want this out NOW. If there is something wrong with this thing they should take it off the market to keep others from suffering, but they make money on it so they wont.
- Hope’s Story I had Essure done in 2008 and since that time have had numerous problems and thee trips to the emergency room. I had severe headaches, extreme nausea, stomach pains, fatigue, leg pain, […]
- April’s Story I had the procedure done and now I have problems with my periods. I have bleeding at a time through 3 or more pads and also tampax at one time. I had weight gain, sharp pain in my […]
- Terri’s Story Had my essure placed in March 2010! Some of the problems I'm experiencing! weight gain, severe bloating and my stomach is always swollen, at times looks like I am about four months […]
- Heather’s Story I am a 31 year old mother of two children. I had the Essure process done in late 2009. Since it was done my periods have been very heavy and sporadic. About 5 months ago now I began […]
- Ashley’s Story I had the Essure placed in my body in 2010 after my fourth child. I have had complications since then. Since having the Essure coils placed in my body, my periods are seriously heavy, that […]
- Crystal’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2010 right after my second son was born. Ever since then my life has been horrible. I get night sweats, hot flashes in the day, no sleep, pain in my left […]