Hi I am 40 years old and have a factor 5 clotting disorder so essure seemed to be a good opinion. Had the procedure done on May 8 really simple procedure no complication. Was in a little pain but returned to work the next day. However on Tuesday May 13 I had a fever of 103.4 and was not feeling good. Called my OBGYN who said to go to the ER. When I arrived blood pressure was 162/124 temp 104.0 and O2 level 89. Did EKG it was fine chest X-Ray was clear then had cat scan there was fluid in my Fallopian tubs and Uterus. Was transported to the hospital where OBGYN was at. They gave me four rounds of I.V antibiotic by this time I was lethargic. Infect was beginning to show up in my blood stream. The doctor came in and said I had to have a emergency hysterectomy and tubs removed or I will die. Surgery was three hours and left me only one ovary. Was still in ICU for three days fighting the infection. Came home Sunday May 18 and trying to recover from everything. Still confused what happen and why. I have told all my friends not to so this procedure. So sad I didn’t want to have any more kids but don’t know how to feel.
- Tami’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on August 9th, 2012. Within a month I felt like my ovaries were swollen. I continued to feel discomfort but thought nothing of it, but on November 23rd I […]
- Janet’s Story After the birth of my second son in 2007. I talked to my ob/gyn about birth control. I wanted a permanent form of birth control. He talked me into the Essure,so then I wouldn't have to […]
- Ivory’s Story My name is Ivory I am a 35 yr old single mother of six…. I had my sixth child a in September of '09…. I was unable to do tubal ligation due to my use of blood thinners( […]
- Alicia’s Story I decided to have an ablation due to complications with a bleeding disorder I have had my whole life. Since we were not planning to have any more children after having four of our own and […]
- Jenae’s Story In June 2011 I gave birth to my third child. My husband and I decided that our family was complete. I chose to have the Essure implant done in July of 2011, instead of having tubal […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done on June 5, 2013. I was given one shot of Toradol and one Valium for this procedure and was screaming and crying in pain as they basically went 'spelunking' […]