In December 2011, I had Essure implanted and was told by my insurance (kaiser permanente) it was the only serialization proceedute available. For the first few months, I didn’t see any difference. Then I started getting post coital bleeding for the first time in my life, this lead to bleeding for 5 months straight. Eventually, I was prescribed birth control to stop the bleeding. Yes birthcontol. Ever since my periods have been 9+ days and as frequent as every 3 weeks. This illegurlarity was never experienced prior to the essure placement. I was convinced by my NP that these issues were just my aging body (34 yrs) adjusting. After reading others concerns, it makes much more sense that I may be having issues related to the Essure.
- Robin’s Story In 2010 I decided to have the Essure implanted with encouragement from my doctors. After having a lot of discomfort as well as pain from it I decided to look into options to undo Essure. I […]
- Tabitha’s Story I have 3 Handsome boys. I always new I only wanted to have 3 kids. After my third son was born, I was put on the Miena IUD for 5 years which worked great! When my 5 years was up, I knew I […]
- Sarah’s Story I made the choice to have the Essure as my permanent birth control about three years ago. I did not know I was actually having symptoms from the Essure because the symptoms I had […]
- Diana’s Story My name is Diana. I am 37 years old and have 3 children. My Dr. suggested Essure when my Paraguard was causing me pain. 5 months ago I had the Essure procedure and the immediate side […]
- Rachelle’s Story At the age of 23 I became a mother of 3.. I have had complications with each one of my pregnancies so I figured the right thing to do for my body was to not conceive anymore. I talked to […]
- Heather’s Story In September 2010, I chose Essure as a permanent form of birth control. My doctor suggested this over the traditional tubal ligation as it would be performed in the office and no down time […]