Hello I just wanted to tell my story about essure. I had the procedure in 2010. I tried getting the procedure afterward to ensure my tubes were completely blocked. The radiologist couldn’t complete the procedure correctly without dilating my cervix I decided against having that done because I’ve had it done before and it is painful. I’ve never found out if my tubes are completely occluded. A few months after I had the essure placed I began having heavy periods with severe headaches and abdominal cramping. My normal period before essure was 3 days after it was 7 days and extremely heavy. I couldn’t even use super tampons due to the heavy bleeding. I decided to get a uterine ablation. It is a procedure that burns off the lining of the uterus to stop your periods. During that procedure the wire from the essure perforated my uterus. That was extremely painful and difficult to recooperate from. I hope essure is taken off the market. If I would have known any of the side effects before getting it I would have just gotten a tubal ligation and avoided all of the pain and suffering.
- Tiffany’s Story In April of 2012 we welcomed a new little bundle of joy. Little did I know but the next 7 months would be hell. Four days after I had my son I was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy and almost […]
- Sharon’s Story I gave birth to my 3rd child on 1/3/2011. I decided that I wanted to have my tubes tied so I would not have any more children. I was 36 years old. Because I went to a Catholic hospital, my […]
- Brianne’s Story In May of 2011, I went in to have the Essure procedure done. We were done having children and had thought that it would be easiest procedure as we wanted something permanent. It was less […]
- Sherri’s Story in June of 2014 I got my essure and had generally no problems till the last 3 months. In july of 2015 I started experiencing pain horrible pain in my lady parts my periods have been […]
- Karissa’s Story I had the Essure placed on Feb 2009. I was told by my doctor that they do not tie tubes anymore that they have a new form of birth control called the Essure. So after my daughter was born […]
- Danielle’s Story I decided to do the essure after my second child was Born. From what the doctor had said it seemed to be the easiest procedure. I went in and had this done and was fine after the […]