Hi I go by Melissa. Where to start is the big question. I got remarried and we decided to have a child. I was at a later age of 38. After the birth I felt I was getting to old to have any more children. I did not want to be on birth control. I did depo and found out it was for male sterilizatin so that was not an opition. Essure had just been aporved so I I did not plan on having any more children. That was the option I went with. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! I have never had a problem until now. I have VERY painful periods. Heavy bleeding,major bloating,fatiuge,lots of pain in my ovories extreme emotional issuses. If its cold I hurt in my ovories. I want a hystarectomy to get this out. I never even knew this would be this bad. I say to any one who is thinking of this DONT DO IT!
- C’s Story I just had my 4th child one week ago and was planning on having the Essure procedure done since it is less invasive than having a tubal ligation. I wanted to find out how the procedure was […]
- Melissa’s Story I decided to have the Essure procedure in 2009. At that time I was 39 and I had recently divorced. I was working full time, raising my young daughter, and starting a new relationship. I […]
- Denise’s Story After I had my 4th child I decided I did not want anymore children. Taking birth control was not an option. My doctor told me my best option was the essure procedure. I asked about any […]
- Janet’s Story If you are done having babies, just get your tubes tied and be done with it. That way you won't have any OOPS babies you hadn't planned on. I had to have my tubes tied when I was 21 and […]
- Arlene’s Story I had the Essure procedure done several years ago because I was tired of taking birth control and I was in my 40's and knew I would not have anymore children. I initially asked about a […]
- Lea’s Story I'm 22 years old and have never had children and do not want children (if in the future I do I plan to adopt). So I decided to talk to my doctor about birth control options and was […]