My name is Karen Thompson,
I am the mother of 2 son’s of my own and 5 step children. I had the Essure implanted in 2007, and was told it was safe and effective form of Birth Control for sterilization in comparison to tubal ligation. Today 5.7.15 , after 8 years of lower back pain and cramping that has been debilitating at times I have been told because of this device I will have to have a Hysterectomy because the coils are expelling into my uterus. I have no short term/ long term disability to pay the bills, and I have worked all of my life to be healthy and strong and to go through my menopause without pills or surgery. I am devastated. I have asked over the years if my pain was due to these implants and was told no, but I am sure they didn’t want to get involved. They knew something, I could tell the other doctors did not want to say anything that could get them in trouble. They did not want to tell me, now I know. I am scared, pissed off, and feel so helpless.
- Jill’s Story My name is Jill Goddard, I am married with 2 children, 1 girl and 1 boy plus 2 step daughters. After my husband and I had our 2nd child, which was our boy, we decided that with 4 healthy […]
- Jessica’s Story Hi, my name is Jessica. I went to the doctor this morning April 3rd, 2015, and my obgyn that has done two of my c-sections, walked into the room. I had already signed papers to have a […]
- Dawn’s Story I visited my gynecologist of 24 years and told him I didn't want to continue taking the birth control pill because I had been on them for 20 years. He told me about essure and I voiced to […]
- Brianne’s Story I had the Essure coils inserted a few months after my youngest son was born in 2008. At the time it seemed like the easier option for sterilization. Within two weeks after the procedure I […]
- Patricia’s Story I am a 33 year old women w/ 3 healthy kids who decided I was happy with my family 9 years ago (2006) and decided I was done having kids. I went to my Obgyn who I had trusted w the life of […]
- Jessinia’s Story June 2013 was my essure procedure. I'm 42 years old and I have skin problems, bloating, headaches and was told by my doctor its not related to essure. Now I had skin problems ever since […]