My name is Karen. I had my Essure implant in 2005, immediately after my youngest daughter was born. When I had this done it was still fairly new. The doctor said about 100% failure rate. Of course, when you’ve gone through the whole process of deciding not to have any more children, this procedure sounded good but no one was out there to tell you of the horror stories and all the side effects. My belief is that it every woman has the right to do with her body as she wishes, but for physicians to push for these kinds of procedures for their own personal gain is just wrong! And now that it has been a few years and I’ve lost my insurance, it is like a whole new problem to the doctors as they look at me like a test subject and say things like ‘oh I’ve heard of that’ and ‘we don’t do that here.’ These are just some of the things I face often and I haven’t even talked anything about the pain I get to live with everyday. I seriously would not recommend this procedure to anyone, not even my worse enemy.
- Wai-Yi “Annie”‘s Story So, I'm pregnant now at 39. I know that my right Essure plug did not take; so I'm not too surprise about the pregnancy. What I’m disappointed about is the discomfort coming from the […]
- Genie’s Story Essure is a horrible procedure and I wish I never had it done. I hurt so bad. I have headaches, bloating, and the stomach pain has become unbearable. I spoke to the physician that […]
- Malea’s Story After the birth of my 3rd child, I had the Essure placed in October of 2009. As someone with a high tolerance to pain, I just kept thinking the extreme cramping would subside. After about […]
- Tiffany’s Story In 2012 after the birth of my daughter I decided to get fixed. I had my son in 2007, a miscarriage in 2011, and my daughter in 2012. I knew I was content with just two children and I […]
- Michelle’s Story Approximately 6 months after I had the Essure inserted I started to experience severe pain in the right side of the abdomen\stomach. This pain has been ongoing for 2 + years and I have […]
- Nikki’s Story I have had Essure in place for about a week now. I already have symptoms of an allergic reaction. I have a rash that spreads from the top of my pelvic region to under my breasts. The rash […]