I had the Essure placed on Feb 2009. I was told by my doctor that they do not tie tubes anymore that they have a new form of birth control called the Essure. So after my daughter was born I had them put in and have been in constant pain ever since. Every other week the pain gets worse. First it started with horrible pain in my pelvic area and went to pain in my back to where I could not walk. I did not go to the doctor due to no ins, so I have dealt with the pain for almost 3 years.
Now it is not only pain, but GI problems, nausea, headaches, very bad mood swings, and the list goes on. I went to a doctor on Oct 23 and was told I have to have a hysterectomy and my uterus is inflammed, I will be able to keep my ovaries. All this at 27 years old because of the essure.
- Tammy’s Story Had this procedure done about 3 years ago due to the fact that no other birth control would be offered for me due to being overweight, over the age of 33 and a smoker. Now wish I would […]
- Deborah’s Story I had been taken birth control pills for 3 years after my last pregnancy. I have three children. My husband and i decided to not have any more. I went to my Ob/Gyn and he told me about […]
- Melissa’s Story It was about 2008 or early 2009 and I was looking for permanent birth control. My dr would not even think about tieing my tubes, he said Essure was the best thing ever! well that was the […]
- Stevie’s Story I got the Essure birth control in February of 2012. Ever since I got it I have had severe pain. I went to the doctor and found out that I have fibroid tumors and cysts in my uterus, and […]
- Nikisha’s Story I had the Essure procedure after I had my son I believe in 2009. When I went in for my first test the springs hadn't fused yet so I waited another 3 months and went back again still the […]
- Leah’s Story I had Essure procedure 4 years ago. I was 40 years old and my daughter was 2. It was really difficult for me to get pregnant but after many years of trying and having various procedures […]