My name is Kayla and I had the Essure procedure done March 24, 2014. It was very painful! The meds they gave me to take an hour before, I didn’t feel the effects at all. Even the shot of tramadol they gave at the office the time of the procedure had not effect. I haven’t had any of the other complications that I have read except I have been bleeding since the procedure non stop! I have talked with my dr twice the first time said it will just take my body time to adjust around the coils but if the bleeding continues he would put me on hormones. Hormone birth control pills make me sick as a dog nausea and vomiting like the first months of pregnancy. So I hope not. I called today and spoke with his nurse and she will talk to him and let him know and give me a call, its so frustrating to be bleeding all the time. Hemoglobin is 8.9 had to start taking iron pills.
- Stacey’s Story I had ‘normal' periods for the first 4 to 5 months after the surgery. They were very heavy, but lasted about 5 days and they were 28 days apart. Then they started coming in 24, […]
- Heather’s Story In September 2010, I chose Essure as a permanent form of birth control. My doctor suggested this over the traditional tubal ligation as it would be performed in the office and no down time […]
- Kayla’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in April 2013, 6 weeks PP. I had cramping, back pain, and bleeding constantly everyday since the procedure, until the end of September of this year. Now […]
- Jeree’s Story I am currently 27 year old single mom of 3 beautiful babies. Merik 7,Quentin 6, and Makelti 3. I had my 3 children at a very young age and at the age of 24 after having my daughter I […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had this procedure done two weeks ago, Jan 14, 2015. Since then I have been bleeding, cramping, leg and back pain, and terrible headaches. I called my DR one week after the procedure and […]
- Beverly’s Story I had the essure procedure done in October of 2008. I have regreted it since day 1 literaly! I was told that I would probaly not have a period again, and if I did it wouldnt be bad and not […]